In order to comply with Governor Newsom's "Stay at Home" order I am offering Telehealth appointments so that we each can protect our health and well-being. When this order is lifted I will resume in-office appointments and continue with offering telehealth.
As the community reacts to the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, you and everyone who is present in my office, is of my highest concern. I want you to be assured that I am taking the current matters seriously and am doing what I can to keep everyone safe and healthy.
· In addition to an outside cleaning service, I am currently cleaning all common areas of my office (all door handles, coffee tables, counters, light switches, my Ipad - which credit card users touch, etc.) between each visitor in my office with antiseptic wipes.
· I am washing my hands, thoroughly, often.
· My office allows us to sit a little further from each other so let’s put that in place. You can sit at the farther end of the sofa while I sit in my chair. That’s practicing social distancing which is being recommended.
· If I feel, at all ill or develop a fever, I will cancel my appointments until I feel better.
· I ask that if you are not feeling well, or have any fever, that you cancel your appointment with me.
As a small business owner, the amount of people who come through my office is very limited. I work with one additional therapist and between the two of us we may have a total of 12 people in one given day. Those 12 people are not seen in a group but rather on an individual basis. This small number allows us to easily monitor what’s happening in our office.
I encourage each of you to practice good self-care, get rest, eat healthy foods, be mindful of social distancing (keep a distance of 6 feet from others) but don’t isolate yourself. Limit constant news watching and social media. Please go for walks, meditate and practice mindfulness. Connect with others and focus on other topics besides the current national concerns. Stay informed but it's okay to take a break.
If you are experiencing heightened anxiety please let me know. During our upcoming session(s) we can focus on specific anti-anxiety relaxation skills, which I can teach you to use when you are outside of session.
If needed, I will adjust what is outlined here. I want the best for each of you.