As an Essential business I have offered both in-person and telehealth services for my clients. For in-person visits there are protocols in place that we each are to follow in order to provide the safest service possible. While I, and no one, can guarantee absolute protection from contracting COVID the protocols in place should greatly lessen the risk. Please know that for in-person visits you are entering my office at your own risk.
As the community reacts to the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, you and everyone who is present in my office, is of my highest concern. I want you to be assured that I am taking the current matters seriously and am doing what I can to keep everyone safe and healthy.
· In addition to an outside cleaning service, I am currently cleaning all common areas of my office (all door handles, coffee tables, counters, light switches, my Ipad - which credit card users touch, etc.) between each visitor in my office with antiseptic wipes.
· Masks are required in the main lobby so that when more than one person is present they are protected. Masks are worn in my office on a case by case basis, however the final decision will be up to the therapist. Most of the time, masks are not required in my office as we can sit 6 ft. apart. If you would prefer masks then we will both wear masks. Again, the final decision of wearing a mask will be up to the therapist.
· My office allows us to sit a little further from each other so let’s put that in place. You can sit at the farther end of the sofa (distance of greater than 6 ft.) while I sit in my chair. That’s practicing social distancing which is being recommended.
· Client appointments are spaced so there should never be more than one person in the waiting room at one time. · I am washing my hands, thoroughly, often. · If I feel, at all ill or develop a fever, I will cancel my appointments until I feel better.
· I ask that if you are not feeling well, or have any fever, that you cancel your appointment with me.
As a small business owner, the amount of people who come through my office is very limited. I work with one additional therapist and between the two of us we may have a total of 10 - 12 people in one given day. Those 10 - 12 people are not seen in a group but rather on an individual basis. This small number allows us to easily monitor what’s happening in our office.
I encourage each of you to practice good self-care, get rest, eat healthy foods, be mindful of social distancing (keep a distance of 6 feet from others) but don’t isolate yourself. Limit constant news watching and social media. Please go for walks, meditate and practice mindfulness. Connect with others and focus on other topics besides the current national concerns. Stay informed but it's okay to take a break.
For those who do not want to be seen in-person Telehealth will be an option. Just let me know if you'd prefer in-office or Telehealth. You do not have to go without services!
If you are experiencing heightened anxiety please let me know. During our upcoming session(s) we can focus on specific anti-anxiety relaxation skills, which I can teach you to use when you are outside of session.
If needed, I will adjust what is outlined here. I want the best for each of you.